Thursday, February 18, 2021

 Hello everyone!  So sorry for the delay.  I only just realized how long it's been since I posted.  Let's start with a quick update of the past few months.  

    For starters, on December 3rd we flew in to the States!  The next two months were full of travel, family, and friends.  We went to the beach with the Saleebys (as the photographer I am, of course I got some great pictures.  Don't worry, I'm already planning a post with a bunch of pictures.)  We also had a great time at the Anderson's house.  After such a long year, the family time was well overdue.  

    We flew back home to Guatemala February 4th.  Because our first flight was at 8 a.m., we woke up at... you don't want to know... but I'll tell you anyway... 3 a.m.  (sorry for the yawn!)  Yes, you read that right.  Wayyyyyy before the sun and wayyyyyy before any normal person is awake.  Anyway, we were on the way to the airport by 4 and checking in by 5 (still a.m. again, sorry for the yawn.)  We made it right on time for the flight and were in the air headed to Atlanta before we knew it.  

    Once we were on the ground we had a short layover so we got breakfast (this is about 9:30) and waited to board.  We didn't wait too long, thankfully.  When we boarded I pulled out my kindle fire, planning to watch a movie... If you have ever woken up at 3 a.m. then you know how long that lasted.  I finally gave up and put in my earbuds and tried to doze off.  I've never had much luck sleeping in a plane or a car.  I wish I could tell you that it was different today.  Sadly, that is not what happened.  I may have dropped off once or twice but that didn't last long.  I still got some rest.

    We landed and got our luggage without much trouble.  By the time we reached home, it was only about 1:30 p.m. Guatemala time.  It felt like 2:30 to us though due to time change and we were famished.  The rest of the day was spent settling in.  

    Y'all, all I can say  is, God got us through.  We were awake for twenty hours straight that day.  Since then we've been making new friends, struggling with stubborn sprained ankles, and getting back into the rhythm of school.  God is amazing.  His power astounds me every day.  For example, an few hours ago I finished my last homework assignment of the week.  I have had more homework this week then I can ever remember.  So an hour ago I felt like I couldn't move another inch.  Then suddenly I decided to write this post...  I guess it needed to be written... I haven't written anything since November.  Somehow I always feel better after writing.  Well that's a bit crazy.  Way out of order and I'm sure contains some deadly grammatical errors but I'm gonna post it anyway.  This blog is not supposed to be perfect.  It's supposed to be an outlet for a teenage girl (me) to share her life with her friends and family.  Have a blessed day!


p.s. I'm considering posting a bunch of my photos on the blog as an outlet 'cuz currently I don't have one and I really want to share God's creativity with y'all.  Please leave a comment at the bottom of this post and let me know what you think of the idea.  Thanks!

Featured Post

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

 Blessed be the name of the Lord, holy and lifted up.  My God is a strong tower, a mighty fortress.  Those who turn to Him for refuge will n...