Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

 Blessed be the name of the Lord, holy and lifted up. 

My God is a strong tower, a mighty fortress. 

Those who turn to Him for refuge will never be shaken. 

Even the mighty fall in the presence of the Most High God. 

With a word He commands the mountains into the sea and they jump to action.

With a breath He gives man life.

With a breath He takes it away.

The rocks cry out: "mighty is the Lord and worthy of praise is the Lamb who was slain!"

But man forgot the goodness of God.

Seeking his own elevation, he found it.

This heartwrenching separation is the cause of every sorrow.

Man has forgotten his purpose.

The whole earth mourns together with him.

In love and beautiful forgiveness our Savior suffered in our place.

Saving us from the wrath of the Father so that we may be restored!

Oh the riches of God's grace! Who can understand?

Hallelujah!

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Through faith I have been washed clean.

All my sins forgotten. 

I have finally found my purpose, to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever!

As I long for the day when I will see my Savior face to face.

Oh, how I crave to hear Him say: "well done my good and faithful servant."

Who am I that He would choose me to be His dearly loved daughter?

But that is the beauty of my God.

So until that day, I will obey every word from my Savior's mouth.

Lord, teach me to do Your will! 

Teach me to obey!

Don't let me stray from Your path.

Make me more like You day by day.

While I still have breath in my lungs I will sing: "holy are You Lord."

Let my life be a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to You.

So that one day, before Your throne, I can look back and say:

"I have fought the good fight,

I have finished the race,

I have kept the faith."

Hallelujah!

Blessed the the name of the Lord from everlasting to everlasting!

Featured Post

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

 Blessed be the name of the Lord, holy and lifted up.  My God is a strong tower, a mighty fortress.  Those who turn to Him for refuge will n...