Monday, August 19, 2019

Eating Ants, Hair Wraps, Playing Soccer and More!

           Okay, last time I promised an update on this last month. I want to keep this blog focused on Jesus so I'm going to make this short...or as short as my talkative self can. So let's get this post rolling!
           After camp, which you know all about if you read the last post, we settled back into normal school-break life. We had a lot of fun playing board games (juegos de mesa) with our neighbors. Meanwhile, my dad went to a place near HueHue (HueHuetenango). El Emisario (a rapper we met in May) had collected ants called Zompopos de Mayo, cooked them, and frozen them (they only come out in May) for Dad to try them. Dad liked them and brought them home to us... so we had to try them. I mean you can't just say you had the chance to eat a bug and say you chickened out... I ate one, they don't taste bad... but now I can say I have tried one and no more. You may be envisioning maybe a part of the ant, you know, one segment, no legs, but man, no lies, those things were whole! Our friends got to try them as well. I'm sorry to say, I cannot figure out how to attach a video to this post. If you would like to see them just send me an email and I can send them to you.
Notice the long legs. Guess who got one stuck in her braces... That is the definition of gross
           
No offense Dad... but am I the only one who thinks that's just wrong? I mean aren't you supposed to keep bugs AWAY from food? Not put them ON it?
            

 These last few weeks I have learned to make hair wraps which are colorful and fun. 😄
This is one I did on Layla :)
       Recently, we were invited to a small village to celebrate a friend's church's anniversary. We ate a delicious meal and enjoyed a fun service. We had the pleasure of meeting Pabel, Dany's son (Dany is a man who has been working with Dad). Pabel is soooo cute.
#Pabel
Sorry for the glare hehe, not sure what caused it...
                    Last week I sprained my ankle slightly (thx to soccer), got my bottom row of braces (OUCH), and we received a donation of a ball and soccer goals for our use.
#SoccerForever
Me trying, and failing, to show off at soccer LOL
 This week, rappers Peregrino and Emisario came to help my dad out with a training here in Guate. They went to Patzun and Zacapa for the trainings. Emisario is going back to his home in HueHuetenango. Peregrino is going to Ecuador Tuesday. Today we took Peregrino to Antigua so we were busy doubling up on homework. I got a hair wrap (see photos below).
They came back to our house for the weekend. Saturday, Emisario went outside and rapped for our friends. Only a few showed up, but we invited a friend's siblings to come. Two of his eight older brothers (Jacobo, 14, Sergio, 20) came. I was watching everyone enjoying the music and noticed Jacobo's face. He was listening intently and he looked like he needed Jesus. So I went to my dad and asked him to share the Gospel with him. I was not because I was too nervous to do it myself, but because I'm a girl, and he's my age so it would have been awkward. By the time Daddy came out Jacobo's brother, Sergio, had come out. Daddy shared the Gospel with them and they BOTH accepted Christ :D. That was none of our work or what we said, that was ALL God. Jacobo is planning to share the Gospel with his family!

Rainy day\game day





Sharing the Gospel with Jacobo and Sergio



Kids enjoying the music (yes, this was our crowd, but God used it)


Lunch with Peregrino and Emisario


This lady is very fast! It did start to pour while she was doing the wrap in the park so we had to move to the shelter we are in here. 😂
We took multiple photos but this was the straightest. The others look like the earth is tilting LOL

#Hairwrap

Gloria gave us all a free bracelet because we prayed for her. She is really sweet and we were blessed to meet her.
FUN FACT: Jordyn, Layla, and I chose the exact same colors on accident 😋👀


Featured Post

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

 Blessed be the name of the Lord, holy and lifted up.  My God is a strong tower, a mighty fortress.  Those who turn to Him for refuge will n...