Tuesday, May 3, 2022

It's Not About Me!

God is so good and so beautiful. Lately He has been teaching me to fix my eyes on Him. One big struggle of mine has been insecurity. I realize now that my insecurity rears its ugly head most when I am thinking more about myself than anyone or anything else. So, as we have been in the States these last few weeks I have learned to fix my eyes squarely on the Lord. In doing so I have found a beautiful, weightless freedom. 

It changes my outlook on everything. I see myself more clearly the way God does. I can love others more freely because I remember His great love for me. 

When I finally realized that it's not about me, I learned that EVERYTHING is about Him. A few months ago it hit me while I was reading the Bible. While the Bible does teach many things that I need to do, it is first and foremost a book about God and His story, not about me.

Now every time I open the Bible I can't help but be excited to learn more about God. Everything else stems from this realization. By changing my view of the Bible and its purpose, God has done incredible things in my life to shape me more and more into His image. 

I pray that as you read this short post that you find the freeing joy that comes from losing yourself in God's greatness. I am constantly reminded that life is not easy. I struggle just like you do every single day. But when God is the center of your life, your perspective will change in ways you never thought possible. 

Fix your eyes on Jesus and your life with never be the same.

"Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every hindrance and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. For the joy that lay before him, he endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Hebrews 12:1-2

Featured Post

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

 Blessed be the name of the Lord, holy and lifted up.  My God is a strong tower, a mighty fortress.  Those who turn to Him for refuge will n...