Saturday, May 18, 2019

Clay in the Hands of the Potter


Clay in the Hands of the Potter

By: Hannah Jane Saleeby

                “We’re moving to Guatemala.” These four words changed my life. Until then, everything was normal. I was just a regular 11 year old, living an uneventful life, until April three years ago. My parents, two sisters and I went to El Salvador and Guatemala on a trip. The day we got back, my parents told us the news. My whole world just crumbled around me. My parents explained to us that this had been on my dad’s heart for years.
            It took me some persuasion, but eventually the idea grew on me. After about a year, we started to pack. It was a slow process and it required a few yard sales, a LOT less stuff, and a few tears. Once we had peeled away a few layers of our stuff, we were able to sell our house. It was on the market for a short time. I felt like we vacuumed and swept a million times a week. Once it sold, it was official, we didn’t belong there anymore.


            We belonged to a strange land, with a strange language, and a strange culture. It took me three years to finally realize that I don’t belong here on earth. My citizenship is in heaven. I’m a stranger here. It doesn’t matter where I am, it’s simple, I don’t belong. I’ve been sent here by my Father in heaven. He has me where He wants me. Right now, that’s Guatemala,country most people probably have never heard of.
            Well, we finally moved on August 13th, 2017. I have been so blessed. I've rested in the hands of  God and He leads me safely through every trial.
Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”
Ephesians 2:19
“So then you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with saints, and members of God’s household,”
           

Featured Post

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

 Blessed be the name of the Lord, holy and lifted up.  My God is a strong tower, a mighty fortress.  Those who turn to Him for refuge will n...